At The Office
1. Don’t follow up on unanswered emails and texts inside 24 hours. If it’s specially pressing, name them.
2. Don’t passive-aggressively CC anyone superior into an e-mail chain. It’s the last arsehole pass (apart from BCCing). Even in case you achieve your favored result, they'll don't forget, and they'll retain to make your existence difficult in whatever way they can.
3. Don’t name people unless it’s certainly, clearly urgent. Phoning someone is like walking into their office unannounced, placing your toes up on their desk and pronouncing: “So, I simply desired to talk to you approximately…” Whatever they’re within the center of, you simply interrupted it.
4. Return cellphone calls. If you don’t need to speak to them, email. Or ring back whilst you recognize they are able to’t answer.
5. Don’t name people “mate”. I’m not your mate, friend.
6. Stand up while being brought or when introducing yourself.
7. Shake hands firmly, but don’t overdo it. You’re now not impressing each person with your bone-crushing, kung-fu dying grip, you’re just making your self appearance insecure.
8. Don’t bitch approximately different co-workers. You’re not an overly manicured receptionist from a 1970s American cleaning soap opera. If you’ve got a trouble, ask for a assembly or espresso and raise it with them.
9. Never throw a person below the bus in a assembly. If you want to present someone a proposal regarding the way they behavior their work, do it one-to-one, in private.
10. You may love the smell of those steamed kippers you brought in for lunch. The rest of the workplace, not so much.